Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Welcome



Well, here's the first blog. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, and I think the opportunity is now.

I've sent this link to quite a few people because they've shown interest in my new endeavor.
As most of you know, I grew up in a mid-sized town and I moved to a REALLY big city to finish my teacher education. I will be moving to a tiny village (about 1,400) to teach for one year.
I wanted to blog so others can see what my adventure will be like ... because that is what it will be, an adventure. I know this is a tight knit community and it will be very intersting for me to join it.

As part of this blog, I will not be saying the name of the town or identifying myself too much. I have a feeling I'll be saying some thing in this blog that are definitely not appropriate for my students to read, hence, if they come across this blog, they will not be able to identify me. I'm hoping my readers who know me will honour my decision here and not identify me either.

I'll try to post daily, or every other day at least. But I probably won't post much until I actually arrive to the village. I'll be leaving the big city in just 15 days. Wow! So much to do! I have (had) to say good-bye to so many wonderful people. It's going to be hard leaving behind my family until Christmas.

Ok, so here it is! Enjoy and I hope you enjoy my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home