Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm back!!!

I back to the small town and to blogging. Man, what a great summer I’ve had so far. I’ll be blogging all about it in the coming days, so stay tuned. Look forward to my tails about washing machines, twins, elevators, the M-hearse, All-you-can-eat, dentists, and vacations.
It’s great being back home, yet a little strange. It always takes me a few days to adjust when I’ve been gone for so long. It’s like when I’d go away for the summer to visit my dad when I was a kid and then I’d return to my room. It would look like my room, but somehow it had changed without my presence there. All I can say is that I love being back in my own bed ... as much as it was to sleep in my sister’s nursery on the floor! While I was gone, I had a friend staying at my place. She was moving out of her place here and wanted to stick around for a few extra days. Well, she left me some miscellaneous food goods that she didn’t want to move with her like a giant bottle of Bombay Saphire Gin!

I’ve only been out in town a few times, but several people have stopped me to welcome me back. It excites me a bit that people I don’t even know (I feel a bit bad that I should know them) tell me, “Welcome home!” not just welcome me back, but back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home