Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Settling In

Well, my bad! I woke Dad up at 5:30 for the ferry, he drove down there to find no one there. It turns out the ferry comes tomorrow. Whoops! Today was a pretty casual day. I called Brilliant Andrew to let him know I found a receipt of his in my cooking pot. It was really nice to talk to him. I miss him. He’s such an interesting person along with a fun guy to play with. I still can’t believe I got to fool around with a guy 5 years my junior (no need to worry, folks, it was all perfectly respectable … I am closer to 30 than I am to 20).

I also called Mom, Keya, and Pam. It was nice to talk to familiar people. I’m glad I have phone services. I’m still going ape shit that I don’t have internet. I’m missing out on so much!!!!



Dad and I just watched TV, unpacked, napped and took it easy today. I watched Dad nap today and I got a little sad. He’s looking his age now, and I know his health is only going down hill. I’m starting to have to face his mortality. I thought this trip would bring on lots of conversation for us. But it really didn’t. We just enjoyed each other’s company quietly.

I discovered that having channels from different time zones is beneficial. I get to see shows that other in my area don’t see at the same time. House and Bones are part of this bonus. Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home