Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mascara and Failing

Top news: I got my package today! I got th sweetest phone ever! It's a 5.8 ghz cordless phone. You can plug it into your CD player to record the ring tone as what ever you want. Mine sings, "I'm looking for attention not another question. Should you stay or should you go." Fitting for a phone, I think. Ok, who can name that song!!! The phone also has a color display, caller ID, an built-in digital answering machine, etc.



I also got some "presents" for my students: mechanical pencils! Along with those items, I got some white-out, mascara, foundation, a razor (quattro for women), and some pens (those are all for me).

Speaking of mascara, yesterday I was helping a student with is math. He looked at me and said, "You only put mascara on your top lash." I looked at him funny and confirmed his findings. He told me he puts it on his top and bottom since he can get away with it. That made me laugh. He wears more eye make-up then I do! He's a great kid! He gave me one of his school photos too.

I had tests with two of the classes yesterday. Only 7 out of 11 kids passed the tests, and 3 of those kids just barely did with 50%. I was disappointed. I hope it's a wake-up call that students actually have to do their homework. I am a nice teacher though and I am offering a re-test tomorrow after school for those who want it. I also went over the test in detail and gave an extra review sheet to prepare them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home