Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Monday, September 18, 2006

Relish and Mentos

I was making myself a sandwich for lunch today. It was a salami sandwich with cheese, mustard and yum yum pickles.



I didn't buy the pickles – Dad did when he was here and I thought I would eat them. "They" say that scent is the sense that is tied to memory the most. As I smelt those pickles, it reminded me of a little delicacy I would eat when I was a little kid. Mom would put some sweet relish in a little bowl for me and I'd eat with with my initial-engraved, Gerber baby spoon. The things that kids like, is beyond me. My brother used to LOVE toast with mustard on it.

In other news, I was chatting with my students today trying to fill the time and one of them mentioned that if you put Mentos in a big bottle of Coca-Cola, the mentos will explode and pop out of the top of the bottle!! I must try this! Does anyone want to send me some Mentos? Mint and fruit would be preferable.

5 Comments:

  • At September 18, 2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Gidge Uriza said…

    I don't have any Mentos to send you, but now I'm dying to know if that is true about the coke bottle.

     
  • At September 18, 2006 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's actually diet coke and you need the mint Mentos but it totally works! Next time you're on msn, I'll send you the link for a youtube video with diet coke and mentos.

     
  • At September 19, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    I can't tell you all how delighted I was that I actually got comments!
    Andrew, I hope you get your trophy wife, but the good kind who absolutly adores you for you!

     
  • At September 19, 2006 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never would have thought of giving you a tiny dish of sweet pickle relish all on my own...in fact, I was faintly horrified by the act spooning the lurid green condiment into a bowl. Like ketchup, pickle relish isn't exactly a vegetable. But that's what you wanted...as a side dish with your PB&J sandwich. Kids...*tsk*

     
  • At September 19, 2006 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah i saw the guy eating mentos and drinking diet coke on utube and it was pretty funny, but also pretty gross....eeewwwww projectile vomiting....sick!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home