Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Saturday, October 21, 2006

GPS Heaven



My co-worker (and vice principal) just bought a GPS of the same name brand of mine. He doesn’t know how to work it very well. I do. So we exchanged favors. I showed him a few things on it and he loaded my memory card with a map of this area. I was stoked! I got the better deal. So now my GPS has all the inlets, islands, roads and ferry routes on it for this area. I’m in nerd heaven!

Something a little funny happened. It looked like it came straight out of a sitcom. He was recovering from a hangover. A teaching couple up here invites the teachers to their house every Friday for drinks and relaxation. When I showed up last night around 9:30, half the people were already pretty drunk, including my GPS buddy.

At one point today as we were loading my GPS chip, I was passing it to him and he dropped it in his lap. Me being courteous, I almost went to get it for him. Then I remembered it’s not a good idea to retrieve things from men’s laps unless you are making a statement. I think he saw me almost reach for it. That was a little embarrassing. Anyway, he picked up the chip, only to drop it on the floor. He went to pick it up and as he was coming back up, he cracked his head on his desk. Ok, not funny haha because it look liked it hurt, but funny ironic because I’m sure it didn’t help his hangover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home