Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Monday, October 09, 2006

Not Invited

It just dawned on me. My University did not invite me to my own grad. My grad ceremony was last week and I didn't get an invitation.

I'm thinking it may be because I moved. But I've changed my address with the university. But, I didn't change my address with the faculty of education until Friday.



But why isn't there a universal address change then? Why didn't they try harder to get a hold of me if I hadn't responded? Why didn't they realize that they were sending my grad info to an on-campus address which would clearly not be correct since I HAD GRADUATED!!! Why didn't they email the info too?

I'm a bit pissed and disappointed. But it's not like I would have gone though. It would have cost me about $500 to get there, plus I'd missing a day of work.

But still. I would have liked to be invited.

The craziest part about the whole ting is that I just received a lovely email congratulation me on being alumni. That was nice of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home