Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Fire Place Channel


When I first saw it, I thought it was crazy! Who would want to watch a fire on TV. It's nutty! Why not watch a real fire ... or watch The OC or something.

I mentioned it to my parents, and they were like, "We love that channel! We watch it all the time." I was shocked. My parents are pretty funky people, so I would never think they'd watch it.

There are different fire place channels. Some play Christmas tunes. Some roar like a fire and crackle and everything.

I like the idea now. I actually watched it two years ago when I lived with my bro and his girlfriend. We had it on when we opened presents.

I just saw a commercial for it yesterday. On Fox Rochester, it's called The Yule Log. It will be on Christmas morning.

I'm wondering other uses for it. I imagine people who don't have fire places, they can leave it on so Santa can come to their house through it. Cool!

2 Comments:

  • At December 21, 2006 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    afraid i'm still in the"who would watch it" camp, firs ttime i saw it i shook my head in disbelief...makes me want a real fire

     
  • At December 23, 2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Ross said…

    I'm in London now where wood-burning is banned. But we don't even have one fake fire TV channel :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home