Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fortune Soap

I got some fortune cookie soap as a gift two Christmas ago. I finally decided to use it because it was cool.


It took me two whole months to use up enough of it to get the fortune out.

Here is what it said.

It's time to take care of your dept.
A future opportunity will be missed if you don't.

What the f*** does that mean? Is "dept." a typo? Should it say debt? I am taking care of my debt! The only debt I have is student loans. I'm awesome at paying my credit card bill ... but then my limit is only $500. A future opportunity?!? Oh no, I won't be able to finance a car ... that I can't drive because I have no licence (by choice, by the way). Oh no, I can't buy a house. Too bad since I currently live on an Indian Reserve where I couldn't buy a house anyway because I don't have the right ethnic parents.

Does "dept." stand for department? I'm the head of my department! If you want to call it that. I'm the math expert in the school. Maybe I need to whip the other math teachers into shape? That would go over well. Not only am I new to the community, I'm also brand new to the profession. Wouldn't teachers who've been teaching since I was in high school love to see me "take care" of them.

Maybe "dept." stands for dependant. That would suck because then the fortune would be useless for me because I have no dependants.

This fortune soap sucked ... except it gave me a blogging topic. With that said, I can't wait to see what my next fortune will be. I'll keep you all posted. It should come out in about February or March.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home