Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Friday, December 08, 2006

Staff Party

Tonight was our staff Christmas part, put on by the school board. It was lots of fun. We had a nice turkey dinner with all the trimmings.

The best part was the dollar auction. Everyone on staff donated an item. I donated a flash drive. It was pretty nice, it matched my blazer (see picture). You could buy one ticket for a dollar. Items were grouped with other items, and the MC would announce what items were up. If you wanted something, you threw a ticket into a hat for the draw.

I won something too! Something I wanted badly! My package include some abalone earrings; a Christmas Disney t-shirt, extra large (pajamas now); a day planner and ... A REAL CHRISTMAS TREE delivered to my house. I also get to pick what size I want. I was ecstatic that I won! I LOVE Christmas trees. I was sad that I wouldn't get one this year. And now I have one. Here's me all happy.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home