Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I've been rated!

First off, it's nice to see blogger is out of the beta stage ... I hope that keep the site from being so cranky!

Ok, so when I was in university, there was (still is!) this site called rate my professor where you can do just that. I did.

Well, there is one called rate my teacher. I had to see if I was on it. I am. I have one rating.
It says I'm sarcastic and a wanna be gangster.

Hahaha! It made me laugh. I feel bad if I come across as sarcastic. I have to watch that one. But the gangster makes me laugh. I guess I could be preceved as that. I say "gangster" words like "word" and "sup" and "sweet" but I say them with a nerdy undertone. I say them to be silly ... because as a white chick, they sound kinda funny coming out of my mouth. I didn't realize it could be interpreted that I want to be a gangster (that's gangsta, to you be-otch).

I know I shouldn't take these things personal, and I don't. Kids have said worse things to my face. It's just interesting to find out what kids think about you behind your back. In all fairness, the kid went on to say I'm nice and I'm a good teacher.

3 Comments:

  • At December 20, 2006 7:41 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    A gangster? That's hilarious. Not a very scary gangster!

     
  • At December 20, 2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    I have a question. What are the labels at the end of the post for? I have never used them but tonight I put a few labels in so I was wondering what they are used for.

     
  • At December 21, 2006 7:16 AM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    I think the labels catagorize your entries for searching purposes. Also, maybe your readers only want to read entries with certain labels. I use them badly because I don't think I've repeated a label :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home