Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm going straight to hell for this one ...

I took my literacy class for a walk the other day. I know what you are asking yourself. "Why are you, Ms. Small Town, teaching literacy as a math teacher?" Answer: Because all the teachers do.

Anyway, we were walking by the new totem pole. It is very nice. One student says to the class, "Hey, doesn't it look like that face is going down on that frog?"



I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. Inappropriate? Definitely. A little bit true? Yes, a little.

Is it disrespectful that I laughed and still think it's funny? I told some of my fellow teachers, and they can't help but think that when they look at the pole.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home