Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Unpacking

I finally got the last 14 boxes that Dad sent up It was like a mini-Christmas. I was excited to have my books, my winter clothes and my fancy kitchen stuff back. I can't beliveve how much better it is to do dishes with a dish rack! I've also gotten use to having to wait like 20 minutes to heat up food that the microwave is not taken for granted anymore. It is thanked profusely daily! I also got some bonuses like Nutella and this awesome printer/scanner/photocopier.

I've been quite reluctant to unpack though. Here is the current state of my spare bedroom.



It looks like a packing supply factory threw up in there. I'm usually really keen on unpack, but with this move it's taken me sometime. I'm wondering why that is? I have the space to unpack stuff (unlike my cramped dorm room this summer). I'm pretty darn sure I want to stick around here for a couple years.

Maybe I'm just sick of the packing-moving-unpacking cycle. I've moved at least once a year for the last four years (I moved twice in one year for the last two years). Maybe I've gotten so use to spare looking living areas. Maybe I just need some insentive. I know that when my mom or sister or brother come to visit, I'll have to have the spare room in shape.

I am having fun popping some of the bubble wrap when I unpack a valuable though :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At December 03, 2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    Maybe unpacking feels too permanent. Ot maybe it's just too much work. I hate moving!

    Love popping that bubblewrap though.

    p.s. I'm kind of doing the comments backwards here but I have already sent my sister the picture with the lights. I told her she needs to put up lights!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home