Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Just switched ...

So I just switched to the beta version of blogger. I hope it doesn't screw up my blog too much.

I haven't had much to blog about lately. I guess I'm getting use to living here and the novelty is wearing off a little. Does that mean I'll experience some culture shock when I return to the big city? I'll have to retrain myself to function. For example, I'll have to look both ways before I cross the street. And I'll actually have a sidewalk to walk on!

Well, this is my last week of Health and Career education with this group of students. I've learned a lot from them. One, it's not so bad teaching them about STIs (the new term fro STDs, it stands for sexually transmitted infections). We laughed together, we were grossed out together. It was great.


Two, I will be a lot meaner with the second group. I'll let my rules be known right off the bat. I will start being tough when the students start talking over one another. I will make any gleekers or desk writer wash off desktops after school.

In other news, I can't believe it's almost Christmas. This time next week, it will be less than a month. I've already put up my lights. I'll post a picture of them when I get my camera. I'm so excited about returning home and to the big city. I can't wait to see my friends and family ... and a shopping mall! I expect lots of hugs because the last hug I received was in August.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home