Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Still Waiting ...

I can't get inspired to write until the stories in my head are out. And those stories are dependent on the pictures I have on my camera. And those can't get posted until I get my camera cord.

But to appease my readers, I am posting this song. Sorry, you can only listen to it if you have itunes (I think).

The line of this song, "Don't be so cold when you kiss me" keeps running though my head. Don't ask why because I can't tell you.

I'm getting use to being back in school. My next evaluation is next week and I'm getting anxious. I want to be observed in my math 10 class, but this week they've been really off task. I'm scared they will behave this was next week, which may reflect bad on me ... because maybe I'm "letting" them act off task. My plan is to crack the whip on them Thursday and let them know how I feel and what the situation is. Hopefully, they'll be really good because they like me and they've been saying how much they look forward to being in my class next year.

3 Comments:

  • At January 10, 2007 1:44 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    Hope your camera cord arrives soon! Good luck with your evaluation. I was told that more than anything they look to see how you react if in the remote situation a student acts up during an evaluation. Remember these people have all been in the classroom too and nobody can teach in a classroom without ever having a class get out of control. You'll be great. You were meant to do this!!

     
  • At January 10, 2007 8:23 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    Thanks for the encouragment. The cord arrived today, so I guess no more excuses. There will be a story tomorrow :)

     
  • At January 10, 2007 9:49 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    I'm glad to hear your cord has arrived! I will check back tomorrow. Had a weird day of teaching today. Some made it some didn't. Of course my last student at 8:30 tonight did make it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home