Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Update

Just a few notes.

One, I start teaching my Health and Career Education class about STIs this week. I've been doing some research. I was thinking I'd try some shock tactics by showing them some pictures of genital warts and chlamidia. But the pictures were so gross they almost discouraged me from ever having sex again.

There was a second totem pole raising this weekend. It unbelievable that there were two pole raising in one year. I've truly witnessed history here. This one was a two day celebration. I didn't attend most of the first day, but I did a lot for the second day. I even got picked on, with some other teachers, when the dance hosts were joking about finding a potlatch wife.

I got my Christmas light delivered this week. I ordered enough to decorate the inside of my place, the outside and my classroom. I can't wait!

1 Comments:

  • At November 12, 2006 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol I do not envy you having to teach about STIs. No wonder why you hate that class.

    I love Christmas lights. My livingroom has Christmas lights (environmentally safe of course) year round. My dad since they're ridiculous but I don't care. I love them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home