Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Coffee with Toccata

Toccata and I managed to get into better touch because of blogging. Awwwwe, isn’t that nice? Anyway, we decided to get together since I was going to be in her neighbourhood over the holidays ... literally.
I got to see her place (I hope she doesn’t mind me writing about it) finally. We’ve only known each other for like ... my good, around 9 years now (we attended the same community college in ’97, but I don’t think we really met until about ’98) and I haven’t seen her place ever. Now, I’m off topic with our knowing each other so long, but I forget, Toccata, did you have Norm for 101? Were you in that class with me?
Anyway, I loved her place. It’s so neat and tidy for one. She had it all decorated festive with her tiny, little tree and her Christmas lights on the banister and in her sitting room. She has the awesomest cookware too. It’s so retro ... and orange. I love it! We even discussed how we “inherited” our cast iron pans.
We initially wanted to meet up with our university four, but E was out of town. Luckily, K was able to come. We went on a scenic walk to Starbucks in the village, complete with a walk-by of the cemetery. I didn’t get any pictures of all the trees down, opps.
We went to Starbucks. My god, I miss Starbucks! I know it’s a giant corporation and their coffee is bitter, etc. but man, three words: Egg Nog Latte. Mmm, mm. It was almost as good as a caramel frappichino on a hot summer day. Toccata likes her tall coffee in a grande cup.



Us being girls, we managed to talk, talk, talk for hours on end. We got together at 11:00 and we were still gabbing away when we parted at 3:30. We had a good time. I don’t know about you, but nothing beats getting together with old friends and catching up.

1 Comments:

  • At January 11, 2007 8:53 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    It was a great time. I'm going to copy your post and keep it. I'm hoping for a repeat the next time you are here. Only next time I'm not going to run off (after 4.5 hours) to some boring social thing. No way. Next time I'm going to the movie too!

    What I remember about Norm was his office. His keyboard was on one desk and his screen was on another on the other side of the room!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home