Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chalk

I have both a chalk board and a white board in my classroom. I prefer the chalk board because I don't get high off chalk dust, unlike white board pen fumes.

But when you work with chalk, even when you have a chalk holder, you get chalk dust all over your hands.

I have a thing for cute underwear and socks. In fact I have one whole drawer in my dresser for socks and one whole drawer for underwear. Excessive, I know. I think I could last a month easily without washing any of these items and still have clean ones left.

Anyway, cute underwear is often synonymous with uncomfortable. I'm cool with that. But I learned a very valuable lesson about this.

Never, ever, ever pick out a wedgie at school when you are wearing dark pants and you work with chalk.

3 Comments:

  • At February 11, 2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    Oh no, that's too funny. E
    told me about a prof she had in the summer and she would always wear light cotton skirts and you could see her "happy face" underwear!

     
  • At February 11, 2007 7:20 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    Hahaha! That's funny Toccata. The funny thing is that I'm always conscious that kids could be looking at my butt when I write on the board so I wear underwear to minimize VPL, and appropriate colours with the pants.

     
  • At February 18, 2007 4:31 AM, Blogger Women on the Verge said…

    Too funny. I used to teach before I got married and had a few similar experiences.

    I read your piece on chaos theory... I've always been fascinated by it as well. I've never heard of it related to peeing... but you're right, it would make some fun reading!

    E of wotv

     

Post a Comment

<< Home