Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Monday, January 15, 2007

Practical Jokes

At M's mom's birthday party, I got a little gift. This gift had come up at the last party I was at with M's family. At first when I saw it, I wasn't sure what it was when I saw it from the back. I noticed people laughing when they saw it from the front and I noticed M was dying in her seat. And then I was shown what the big deal is.


I made some comment that M should not bring that to school because I'd be forced to confiscate it and take it to the VP's office. Of course we all laughed because we don't know who'd be more embarrassed, me or the VP.

The teacher's I hang with at school have sick senses of humor. They've been able to make sly jokes that the students don't catch. For example, there is a married couple that teach at the school. The husband stood outside his wife's classroom and made the "open the box" gesture from Dick in a Box. I don't think I can pull this off because I'm not subtle enough.

So now I'm stuck with this bull and I don't know what to do with it. I am determined to pass it on as a joke ... but I'm thinking school may not be the place to do it!!!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home