Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fame Whore

One of the perks about being is a teacher is claiming fame through a student. My newest "claim to fame" is that one of my students hacked into one of Coldplay's websites.



He did it so he could hack their site counter and put it on his site. I usually don't condone such behavior because it is generally illegal and the kid could get into trouble. I asked him how he did it, thinking he cracked some serious Java Script or some other code. He did it by guessing that their password was 1234. This is just another reason why NO ONE should use 1234 as their password! I thought it was pretty funny. He even got props as being "some bratty kid in Canada" that hacked their site. We all got a good laugh when there were 68 posts on how my student should "die" or "burn in hell" for hacking into the site. My favorite is someone called my student a "fucktard". He's not, he's just a kid trying to have some fun and lucked out. All I can say is SWEET!(That's an inside joke I have with one of my classes).

4 Comments:

  • At January 28, 2007 4:41 PM, Blogger Brooklyn said…

    Hello. I just came across your blog while I was doing a Google search regarding new teachers in rural settings. I am in my last semester of my teacher preparation and I find your stories a great read. I live in a city and will most likely work here, but you have really opened my eyes to what teaching in a small town could really be like. Thank you.

     
  • At January 28, 2007 5:17 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    That is too bloody funny. I can't believe they used 1234 as a password! Serves them right. I think it would be pretty cool to be the "bratty kid in Canada"!

     
  • At January 28, 2007 6:32 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    great blog/post

    let me guess, they changed it to X Y Z after that?

     
  • At January 28, 2007 8:10 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    Brooklyn,
    I just love my experiences here. I'm truly enjoying myself.
    Toccata, my student was just beaming that he got such "praise". The worse the insult, the more happy he was. It was too funny!
    I should try XYZ to hack into their new site, Deb. Hahaha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home