Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Missed opportunity

My horoscope this month says that I will start dating a guy that will treat me right around mid-month. Cool, that'd be nice. It's around mid-month now. And I do have a little crush on a guy (who's my age too). Now all I need is an opportunity.

I'm sick. As in I have a cold. Ok, big deal.

So I decide to go to the store for some soup. So I brave it out there, no make-up. Looking like crap, in general.

I'm just about to pay for my groceries and I feel a sneeze coming on. I put my arm up to sneeze on (because my hands are full of groceries) and sneeze.



Well, this is the most disgusting sneeze I've ever had, I swear. I even repressed some of it too. Anyway, there is this huge pile of mucus on my sleeve. Yes, pile. Huge. Gross! It was so gross, I had to extract a tissue from my pants to wipe off my sleeve. I manage to do all this and then get my groceries on the conveyor belt.

I'm walking to put my basket back while the clerk is scanning in my groceries and I look up just in time to see my crush say hello to me. Damn! I've been waiting weeks to spot him in public and here I am sick and looking crappy! I say hi back a bit flustered hoping he didn't see my snot fireworks moments earlier.

I manage to get my groceries and start walking home. I spot my crush walking up ahead of me with his buddy. I'm walking behind them for a while hoping that they don't turn around to see me. Then I start wishing they would turn around so I could talk to him. So I cough pitifully hoping they turn around. The buddy turns around a few times to stare at me, but my crush doesn't (I don't know the buddy and I don't think he knows me either). I end up walking behind them the ENTIRE way home. They literally walk by my front door. I get into the house and realize ... THAT WAS MY OPPORTUNITY! I could have called out at the beginning of the walk home and walked home with them. I'm so silly. How old am I, 12? It would have been the neighbourly thing to do for me to actually walk with them. Crap! Oh well, live and learn.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home