Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Monday, February 12, 2007

Old Technology

I love tech toys. I have quite a few. One of my favorites being my GPS. My latest being an 80 Gig iPod.

But one thing I own that is super old is a TV from 1983.



I've dated guys younger than the TV!

The TV technically belongs to the-guy-I-lived-with-once-upon-a-time-ago's uncle. I kept it after we broke up and I've never had the need to get another one. True, I have to use the knob on the front to turn it on and off, and I need to get up and turn the same knob to adjust the volume. But I do have it hooked up to my VCR to change the channel via remote.

But the TV is starting to break down. Sometimes the picture scrunches up and I have to hit it on the top with a hammer.

I've been thinking about getting a new one but it will be such a hassle to get one up here. I guess one of the main reasons I've been thinking this lately happened when I had some friends over. One guy looked at my TV and said, "I think my picture in picture is bigger than your TV."

1 Comments:

  • At February 13, 2007 10:31 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    You need a new t.v. It might be a hassle but living where you are and considering who you are I just cannot imagine you without one. There must be a way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home