Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Watering Hole

When the teachers go out to drink, we go to the next town over ... accessible by boat only. There is a nicer (relative to the restaurant here, no offense)restaurant over there with a bub area as well. There is a taxi we can get, it's $5 round trip. Community members do venture over to the next town for the finer ambiance to dine and drink too ... but the people who tend to frequent the bar in town, don't venture out to the "nicer" restaurant.

There was a beautiful rainbow yesterday that I managed to capture "on film". The pot of gold would happen to fall on the restaurant that we frequent in the next town (it's just behind the point seen in the picture). I thought that was neat.

1 Comments:

  • At February 16, 2007 5:55 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    That picture is absolutely stunning. It's like a painting.
    How's the television? I sure hope something can be done there. Well, I am off to see a movie. By the way did you get my last email. I'm kind of thinking I might have an old address. Do you still use sfu?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home