Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Thursday, April 12, 2007

How to Gross Out a Teenage Boy

Another Health and Career Education story.

For all four of my HCE classes, I've shown a video where I've managed to gross out all the teenage boys. The minimum reaction I've gotten is chairs scraping in the room and the guys going, "Ahhh!" The biggest reaction was from a real touch kid who got out of his seat, said, "This video is sick!" And stormed out of the room.

How did I accomplish this? I was showing a video on road safety and what could happen to you if you get into a car with a drunk driver or a driver who speeds for fun. The ER doctor in the video described what would happen if you came in in serious condition. He explained how the doctors would have to cut your clothes off and tie you down and how they would have to get you breathing and how they would have to empty your stomach and bladder.

The doctor on the video asked all the gentlemen in the room to hold up their pinkie finger. That is the width of the tube that the ER doctors would insert into your penis to empty your bladder.

And that piece of information has grossed out 100% of the teenage boys I've shown the video to.

1 Comments:

  • At April 21, 2007 9:26 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    Ew! I can see why that gross out any guy, teenage or not.

    Work has been intense lately and I think I have blogged once in the past three weeks. It doesn't look like it's going to get better anytime soon.

    I figure you are about to get super busy too with looming provincial exams. Take care and hang in there. Summer cannot come soon enough!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home