Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Big Get Away Part 4

So A finally got home from work, after calling to let me know he had to work late. That night we had dinner, that his mom made. That's right. His mom made dinner. His parents were pretty nice, they even bought me some soy yogurt since I don't really eat dairy. It was sweet of them.

We watched two more hockey games (I like hockey so it was good) and then watched a movie. During this time I tried to be more affectionate because I thought maybe he was a bit stand-offish with me because he may have thought I wasn't into him. So I held his hand and smiled at him lots and tried snuggling with him, etc. It was around midnight and we went to bed. And A didn't try anything. Grrr! Ok, something was totally up. There were other clues, like the working thing and he didn't say any of the nice things he said to me online. Plus, when we went to bed that night he was faced the other way of when he was on his back and I'd get close, he'd hold me but not face me. So I initiated "the talk".

I asked if he was into me and let him know there were signs that he wasn't. I kept going by saying that maybe he was a bit off because I didn't really initiate anything (from my not really "feeling it" off the bat). He replied by talking about pheromones. That's when I drowned him out. I heard him say he knew I was a sweet girl with a kind heart but he had a different opinion of what I'd be, blah,blah, blah.

I let him know that I was a little sad and that I wasn't trying to manipulate him or get anything from the following action. And then I starting crying, I'm gonna be honest (I'm smiling now so it's all good). I was sad that we both weren't what we thought each other would be. I was sad that I spend a month of excitement for such a let down. I was sad that I planned a vacation to see this guy instead of see my family and my kick-ass pregnant sister for this. Through my tears I explained that I wasn't mad at him or I didn't want him to feel bad, I just was sad. I then told him I wanted to leave the next day. He was ok with that. And he even held me for a while. Once I calmed down a bit I starting thinking about why I didn't wasn't compatible with him.

This is why I call him A and not by his real name. He has a few little "quirks" I haven't mentioned yet. First off, his hobby is farting, I swear to God. He was always farting ... and the second night I was there is was these really nasty smelly ones. And he thought it was funny. The last day I was there, actually, he kept trying to wrestle me to the ground to fart on my head. What was he, 12? No, he's 22.

The second quirk is that he was a picker. He'd pick his nose when he thought I was looking, though I'd see him out of the corner of my eye. I confronted him on this that night. He would also pick at his face, which made me sad because he is so handsome and I hate to see him get scars. He also bites his nails.

So my last day there I think was our best. Since I was leaving I think we both really loosened up. We play video games .. mostly hockey where he kicked my ass. It made him pretty giddy though because every time he scored, he grab me and kiss me on the check ... which was the most affectionate he was with me the whole time. But like I mentioned above, he tried some wrestling moves on me which I wasn't too happy about and he'd try to fart on my head.

He dropped me off at the bus station so I could head off into the sunset of my life (I ended up coming to visit my family). We hugged and said our good-byes and wished each other luck. Blah blah blah.

I have talked to him since online. It's funny now that I've met him how I can picture him and know his tone when he types and I can read between the lines. I'm curious if he will ever find the mature relationship his is looking for because he needs to do some serious growing up.

3 Comments:

  • At March 24, 2007 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well geeez...i was hoping for dismemberment, hidden body parts etc etc...

     
  • At March 25, 2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    kelly, to be honest there was something I was going to write about that was close to that but both my sister and tocatta advised against it.

     
  • At March 25, 2007 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't listen to them....i'm a guy I need either murder and mayhem or car chases or both....now if yoiu have to make it up its ok...continue the story please....i'm waiting

     

Post a Comment

<< Home