Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Big Get Away Part 2

Things really started to heat up between A and I. It felt like we were actually dating without all the physical stuff. We talked about our days and sent each other little "like" notes (I would say luv notes even, it came to using that variant of the word, but I was not ready to say something like "love" to someone I had never met). As more time went by, the more we were looking forward to meeting each other and we started planning our whole week together and said how great it was going to be.

Ok, I needed a little break, I got a bit teary there.

We even exchanged phone numbers during the last week of our pre-meet courtship and we call each other three or four times. It was all very nice and exciting. I was so looking forward to Break so I could finally meet this great guy. I was also very nervous about the whole thing, you know the whole not meeting yet being very personable with each other. And like I said, I feel I really conveyed who I am to him and let him know everything possible about me that he wanted to know. I did not send him naked pictures or anything (I just thought I'd share that) because of the whole teacher thing and my rule of never having pictures of me out there that I would be mortified if students saw. He didn't send me pictures because he doesn't have a digital camera but there were pictures of him on the website that we met on that his friends had posted and he looked cute on them (just a heads up, there was no lying on his part so don't get worried).

The big day arrived. I was finally flying down to meet this guy who I was practically in a relationship with. We had discussed in detail of what the first meeting would be like. We even discussed where we put our arms when we hug. I was ready. Nervous, but ready.

So a little more background on me. I get super travel sick. So I took an extra strength Gravol to make it so I didn't puke the whole flight down. I informed A I would be doing this and explained to him that I may not be myself since I haven't taken these pills before. They didn't seem to effect me too much in the end (except making me not air sick) except I did notice my hands were shaking at the airport in the Big City either from nerves, the medication or my hate of flying...

I arrived at the airport. And he was not there. I was confident he would show up. I was just a little disappointed that he wasn't there when I arrived. Part of that was that I explained to him about my issues with people being late. In my childhood, my dad would always say he was coming to visit and he would be either hours late or even days late. I spend a lot of time waiting for my dad to show up as a kid and I know it still has an impact on me. I called A and he was running late so I decided to wait for him outside.

He arrived about 10 minutes later. I knew it was him because he had told me what his car looks like. He stepped out of the car and I saw one of the best looking guys I have ever seen. He was gorgeous. I started to shake a bit because I couldn't believe my luck. In hind sight, I was pretty dumbfounded. I got all awkward and kinda stumbled over my suitcase and gave him a crappy hug because I was still trying to up-right my suitcase.

We decided to take off and go for a meal.

I was still a bit awkward and babbled a bit, but if anyone out there knows me, I do this stuff all the time. I finally came to my sense by the time we hit the restaurant and I was feeling myself.

But he kept just staring at me. It made me nervous. We had a nice enough meal and then we were off to his (ex-girl) friend's birthday party. He's remained friends with most of his exs (and he has a lot, apparently). She seemed nice and I asked how the met. They met on Hot or Not. Hmmm, I knew he wasn't new to this dating on-line thing, but I didn't know I would get to meet one!

The party was at a pub and it was alright. A and I spent most of the time watching the hockey game. It was now time to go back to his place.

To be con't....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home