Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Out With the Old, in With the New

I finally picked my TV up today. Of course, it arrived two weeks late ... and when I was on vacation.

It was quite an ordeal to pick it up. I had asked my coworkers for a boat ride over to the Sears counter on the next island over and they agreed. Unfortunately, they didn't want to go today because they thought the weather was bad. I was determined to get it though. So I took the seabus.

I'm not sure, but I think the seabus driver was flirting with me on the way there. Which worked to my advantage ... because I didn't quite think how big a 27 inch TV would be. I went to the Sears desk and they wheeled out my TV. It was mammoth! Just then I saw the sea bus driver walking by. So I gave him a come hither look and beckoned him over to help me. And he did! I thanked him profusely and he even offered to get me a free hot chocolate from the restaurant. It's amazing what a smile and the damsel in distress routine can get you.

My severely hung over co-worker help me on this side to load the TV from the seabus dock to her truck to my two-story walk up suite. I sent her on her way and managed to get the TV out of the box and on it's stand (my never used deep freeze that came with my furnished place).

The new TV is so much better than the old. It's big. I don't have to hit the new one with a hammer to make it work properly. And best of all, it has a remote! I never have to get off the couch again!

3 Comments:

  • At April 01, 2007 4:45 AM, Blogger Ross said…

    So jealous. Are you going to use the old one for defrosting frozen foods? Or maybe some TV-smashing antics? Or send it on a holiday like that gnome in Amelie?

     
  • At April 01, 2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    My co-worker and I want to make a video of us smashing it. But I have to do some research first so that we don't get electrocuted by any remaining charge.

     
  • At April 03, 2007 4:49 AM, Blogger Ross said…

    http://www.bvws.org.uk/405alive/tech/safety.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home