Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Kayaking and Coffeemate

I went kayaking today. That was lots of fun. I’ve never really gone in a “real” kayak. The school owns 6 of them. We jus went around the island here. We didn’t see too much wild life beyond the giant ravens that live around here.

I don’t know what it is, but this community sure loves Coffeemate.



I got some in my welcome basket, along with all the other new teachers. And I see everyone around town buying it at the Band Store. And it appears at all staff meetings/function. I’m think Coffeemate is so popular because milk is a bit expensive?
I don’t care much for Coffeemate. I’ve tried using mine in tea and hot chocolate, but it just adds whitening color and not a very nice taste. Maybe I’ll acquire a taste for it along with seafood.

I’ve gotten over some of my home sickness and missing people. Some of it can be blamed on the lovely PMS bout I am experiencing (ooooh, too much information, you say? Too bad, it’s my blog.).

I’ve been thinking about Tuesday a bit today. I think it will be one of the scariest days of my life. It will also be one of the most exhilarating. I can’t believe I’m actually going to be a real, paid teacher! It’s just too strange.

I made fish, again, for dinner. I’m starting to get a hang of it. I’m still waiting for more recipes from my readers out there1

4 Comments:

  • At September 02, 2006 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At September 04, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    FYI,
    I deleted the comment because someone used my blog to sell their shit! I didn't know a blog could get spam-ed. Too bad!

     
  • At September 04, 2006 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you hit the nail on the head when you said Coffeemate is cheaper than milk. If they have it, the flavoured Coffeemate is a bit better...

     
  • At September 19, 2006 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Last time I heard, CoffeeMate had some of the same ingredients as laundry detergent. Maybe everyone there needs a daily colon cleansing due to all the teeny-tiny salmon bones lodged in their digestive tracts?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home