Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Shower Bloppers and Cooking Mishaps

I woke up last this morning. No big deal, it's Sunday (perhaps a Lazy Sunday to be exact).

I did my email/web surf thing and the I took a shower. And then wouldn't you know it, my doorbell rang. i don't know what it is about this place but I've had my doorbell ring FOUR TIMES while i'm in the shower since I've been here. I'm not kidding. I've been here for 14 days now (Actually almost to the exact minute). So what is that, that a 29% chance that my doorbell will ring when I'm showering. That's nuts! Think about that next time you shower!

After my shower, I went to the store to pick up a few things. I found out the real profit maker at the store. It's fucking toilet paper!



The prices are pretty crazy. I spent almost 9 bucks for eight rolls of toilet paper. And I'm not talking double rolls either, I'm talking regular rolls! I can't believe I paid over $1 for a roll of toilet paper. I certainly can't spare a square!

I bought some Pizza Pops at the store for a quick meal. I keep forgetting that I don't have a microwave. So 20 minutes later ... Pizza Pops are actually more tasty when they've been cooked in the microwave. I should know, I lived off them for a month once.



The store does not sell chicken. Well, I should say, it doesn't sell un-precooked chicken. I was curious about that ... especially since I love to make a salad with chicken on it. Then I figured it out (with the help of Jessica Simpson, of all people). Salmon is the chicken of the world to the people here. So to do as the locals, I decided to put cold salmon on my salad. And it was actually pretty good! Of course, I did put a lot of basalmic salad dressing on it (I found that the store does sell that). I'm happy now because now I have my salads back! That's what I ate almost daily during my last semester of school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home