Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Skinny Jeans

I am a fashion watcher, as most of you know. I've always been that way. I remember my grade 9 English teacher would make us journal everyday. And most days I didn't feel like it so I started writing "Fashion Today" and would critique my classmates clothing for the day.

Not that I am a huge fashion plate here. I've kept with the same look of jeans and a t-shirt for over ten years, keeping with modern jean and t-shirt styles. I have started experimenting with other stuff now that I am a professional adult. If it weren't so casual here, I'd start investing in suits because I find them sexy.

The one item I'm keeping my eye is skinny jeans.



I don't know how I feel about them. I did consult my personal fashion guru, Brilliant, and he loves them. He has the body to pull off popular fashion because he is thin and tall and just generally gorgeous. I don't because I am short so I need to be careful.

We both agreed they look good on certain people, mainly young, thin, tall people. But since these jeans are the shit, everyone wants to wear them. I don't know about you, but I was sure sick of seeing people's love handles hang over their low rise jeans. I sure as heck don't want to look at people's sausage thighs and asses in skinny jeans. This may sound harsh, but it's true. I'm all for my big sisters and brothers (as in society brothers and sisters, both my sisters and my brother are hot, thin people) looking hot in fashion, but come on, some fashion is not meant for everyone. I've had some heavier friends that look better in things I could never pull off, namely things that require a big rack. Hmm, that's one thing I envy about my blood sister: she is skinny AND has big boobs. Anyway...

They even make skinny jeans for pregnant women!



I was looking for a photo for this entry with someone in skinny jeans who shouldn't be in them but I couldn't. I use google image to find all my pictures and I've only had two time where I couldn't get results. They were for searches on "skinny jeans fat ass" and "skinny jeans big butt". I thought that was funny.

P.S. If you got my unedited version of my previous entry, I got an update on the girl who was being bitchy to me. Supposedly, she's gained a bunch of weight because all she does is smoke weed and eat pie.

4 Comments:

  • At September 24, 2006 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahahaha. "Tall, thin, and generaly gorgeous!" Thats awesome. Skinny jeans aren't for everyone, that is for sure. They are super-cool though, if you can pull them off and wear some kind of a top that compliments or de-emphasizes them. I've been craving this look to make a comeback since the 9th grade, and so far i've had to settle for my old straight leg levis from 1994. Andrew's fashion trends for the day: rolling up your jeans 4 inches, and wearing a padlock in one of your belt loops.

     
  • At September 25, 2006 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a short girl who is "skinny with big boobs", I agree that skinny jeans have got to go. They are sooooo 1987. What's next? Hypercolor baby tees? Yikes! Maybe desert boots will also make a comeback...

     
  • At September 25, 2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    Yeah, bring back sweatpants! But you know if they did, they would be like tight in the ass or maybe a big hole in the knee would be the next fad.

     
  • At September 29, 2006 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Teacher, you always have been the slave to fashion! I was particularly fond of the leggings with big heavy wool socks and hiking boots topped by a long shirt or sweater...everybody looks ready for a serious hike or like they're ready to put on leg warmers and dance. Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home