Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Boundaries

Ok, I said I'd never do this but I'm going to. Post a full on picture of myself. It's way too identifying. But what the hell, I guess I can live it down if people in the community find out.

So here it is. It was "bad Hair Day" at school. About once a month, the leadership class plans a theme day. I usually participate because I like to show I have school spirit. Here is what I did.



I felt a bit foolish at first because none of the other staff did their hair "badly". Some wore hats because that is what you'd do to hide said bad hair, and some just put their hair in a pony tail because, again, that's what one does when one has bad hair. A couple of kids (mostly in the elementary school) had crazy hair like mine.

The best part was, surprisingly, I got a lot of respect from staff and students for doing my hair like this. And the strangest part of all was that I got respect from people being able to laugh at me.

1 Comments:

  • At January 13, 2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    I love it! Bad hair aside that is a fabulous picture. I think kids love it when you go all out. What's the point of having dress up day and not dressing up. My sister's school is always doing crazy things and the two of us have a blast putting together a crazy outfit for her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home