Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bud Earphones

Like I've mentioned, I recently purchased an iPod. I know, I know, I'm like one of the last people to get one of these things. I remember when they came out, every one was gaga over the headphones.


They have superior sound, blah blah blah. But I hate them. I hate bud earphones. They don't fit my ears. And I sure as heck know it's not my ears fault. I have lovely ears. In fact, I have perfect ears. They are the one body part that I've never had anyone criticize, including myself. In fact, people comment on how lovely they are. The are small and delicate. So I guess bud headphones are just too big for my small, delicate ears. They constant fall out. I've seen people jog with these things in and they don't fall out. On me, I'm just sitting there and out they pop.

So I ordered some decent earphones from Sears. Along with a NEW TV!!!!! I'm getting a nice 27 inch flat screen. The total cost of both items, along with shipping, fit nicely in my $500 credit card limit. Sweet! The only problem is that Sears doesn't do home delivery on TVs. So I have to go to the nearest store to pick it up. When I got the call for that, I almost cried ... until I learned the nearest store(which is a catalogue ordering place) happens to be on the same island as the watering hole. I'll just need someone strong (hopefully my crush!?!?) to go with me to carry the TV from the "store" to the sea bus and then someone to give me a ride from the dock to my house.

5 Comments:

  • At February 18, 2007 7:55 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    To hell with the ear buds and the t.v. I want to know about the crush!!! You little sneak. You are always trying to throw these juicy little tidbits right near the end. Hey, I will be back later and believe me I'm expecting a new post! If the blog is not the place you have my email!!!

     
  • At February 19, 2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    I've mentioned my crush in previous posts, I'm surprised it took you so long to notice. But seriously, you know it's a serious crush becaue I'm silent on the details until something big happens. I'll keep you ppsted ;)

     
  • At February 19, 2007 10:33 PM, Blogger Toccata said…

    Ok, I then know who it is. You calling him your crush instead of by his name is what confused me.

     
  • At February 20, 2007 6:16 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    It's not Andrew, BTW!

     
  • At February 27, 2007 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well lets see these perfect ears

     

Post a Comment

<< Home