Big City Girl, Small Town Teacher

All about my adventures teaching in a small community

Monday, September 25, 2006

NyQuil and DayQuil

I'm at school right now on my prep block ... as high as a kite. As most of you know, I don't do drugs that often. I rarely even take Tylenol. But, I am sick. And the only way I can sleep when I'm sick is to take NyQuil.




This shit is great. It doesn't matter how sick I am, I take this stuff and it knocks me out cold. I prefer the gel caps because the liquid stuff tastes horrible. I only take one gel caps, unless I'm super sick. Anyway, I always have the most fucked up dreams and if I wake up in the night, I'm so stoned that I'm hallucinating anyway. I find it hard to wake up in the mornings because I'm still pretty out of it.

So I take it's counterpart, DayQuil to get me through the day.



I use to think I could function on this stuff because I only started this cold cycle of uppers and downers in university and would function fine. It turns out in university, I would just sit in the back of the class in my high state and robotically take notes. Teaching on my high is a whole other ball game.

During my practicum, I found out I can't teach worth shit on this stuff. I make huge, giant mistakes, plus if I whip my head around fast, the world just floats by. I am on the Quil today because I was feeling like crap and the NyQuil was still in effect. I've taught already and it went pretty smooth.

Anyone have any NyQuil stories of their own? Share them!

2 Comments:

  • At September 25, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Small Town Teacher said…

    At least I look good when I'm sick: glistening eyes, flushed cheeks, pale skin and red lips.

     
  • At September 29, 2006 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speedballin' on the Quil...*tsk*

    NyQuil first came out at the end of the 1960s; I was in a phase of my life where I did some extended partying on...er...stimulants. To come down and get the restful sleep I needed, I'd take a nice big glub of NyQuil to go to sleep, then take another glub every time I woke up for the next 24 hours or so. What can I say? It worked.
    Yeah...functioning stoned is real different than just passively sittin' around stones. Live and learn...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home